Music is what makes us feel alive. If you work in the audio and sound industry, you probably already know how important amplifiers are when it comes to the intensity and quality of music.
Amplifiers are present not only in fancy music equipment but also in day to day life like your radios, TVs, and phones. In a world without amplifiers, people with hearing disabilities would have to live with their handicaps, as hearing aids would not have been possible. If you wish to learn more about this topic, check out this article on how amplifiers work.
In this review, we have listed out the most attractive options available for this product on the market today. We hope that reading this helps you find the best amplifier for your needs.
This portable amplifier from Zoweetek is an outdoor type amplifier and can amplify your voice to help you not shout out when dealing with a small crowd. The sound you will hear would be clear and crisp, and noise and distortion levels will be reduced properly. The range on this amplifier is about 1000 square meters, which should be good enough for a classroom or a large room full of people.
The amplifier is compact in size and is pretty lightweight, and comes with a back clip to help you fix on your belt or pocket. Alternatively, you can use a waist belt to tie it around your waist or hang it around your neck.
The amplifier comes with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery that gives you a runtime of up to 12 hours. It will get fully charged in 4-5 hours, depending on your charger. The amplifier can not only be used for your voice but also support MicroSD card and USB flash drives, making it a versatile tool for playing all sorts of music. There is also an AUX port for connecting your phone or other audio devices.
- Item weight — 5.8 ounces
- Item dimensions — 4.13 x 1.42 x 3.35 inches
- Power source — Batteries, Lithium-Ion, rechargeable
- Output wattage — 10 watts
- Color — Black
- The amplifier comes with multiple options to play what you want. You can plug in a microphone, a USB flash drive, an MP3 player, or an AUX, and it can easily play all these things without any problems.
- The output of the amplifier is quite large relative to its size, and if you have a room full of 25-100 people, you can easily use this amplifier to comfortably make your voice heard to all of them.
- The battery backup on the device is pretty great. With up to 12 hours of playback time, you can be assured that this device will not run out of juice in the middle of your presentation.
- If you’re looking for a large amplifier or a speaker, this might not work the best for you. This device is meant only for small audiences and indoor work.
- Because of its small size, the controls on this amplifier are very close together. This means that you have to take extra care when you’re changing the parameters on the device.
If you’re a classroom teacher or a public speaker who does their own programs, you need a good portable voice amplifier that will take care of your needs. With this voice amplifier from Giecy, you get a nice, portable option that connects via Bluetooth, and has a microphone attachment.
You can use the microphone attachment in classrooms, large indoor functions, and for big groups of people up to a 100. The amplifier comes with a large 2800 mAh battery and can be completely charged in 3 to 5 hours. It gives you playback time of 12-15 hours when you’re using the mic.
The amplifier also doubles up as a Bluetooth speaker if you need to play audio from other sources when you’re addressing an audience. It will last for 8 hours with music playback.
- Item weight — 12.6 ounces
- Item dimensions — 4.5 x 1.7 x 3.5 inches
- Power source — Batteries, Lithium-Ion, rechargeable
- Output wattage — 7.4 watts
- Color — Black
- This voice amplifier is great for both indoor and outdoor use, and can easily be used to address crowds of up to 100 people.
- Besides being one of the best voice amplifiers available on the market, it is also a great option for playing music, and you can use it as an overall Bluetooth speaker when you’re not using the mic.
- The amplifier comes with Bluetooth connectivity, which takes out the hassle of pairing it to things every time and removing the inconvenience of wires from the equation.
- This amplifier is not of the largest size. If you need something more suitable for, let’s say, a wedding venue or something bigger, you might need a bigger amplifier.
- The amplifier is a bit on the heavier side, considering its size. This is because it has a large battery, but you might want to consider some other options if you’re looking for a more lightweight amplifier.
This big amplifier from Fender comes with a 25-watt output wattage along with a ported speaker, enclosure pumps, and volume and deep bass response. If you want to practice by yourself without disturbing your neighbors, you also have the option to plug in a ¼ inch headphone output jack that mutes the speaker output.
The amplifier comes with a newly-developed overdrive circuit and contour controls, giving you a lot of versatility in practicing your bass tones. The good thing about this amplifier is that if you’re a guitar player and you want to practice along with some songs, you can connect your MP3 player into the AUX input and play along with the original song.
- Item weight — 17.82 pounds
- Item dimensions — 14.76 x 19.68 x 19.1 inches
- Power source — Corded Electric
- Output wattage — 25 watts
- Color — Black and Silver
- This is an excellent product for bass guitar players. You can plug in an external audio source along with your bass, which can help you play along with your favorite songs to help you practice better.
- If you stay in a crowded place where loud sounds might be a problem, you can easily plug in headphones. This will mute the main speaker, and you will be able to practice without disturbing the people in your surroundings.
- The amplifier comes with a modern overdrive circuit and switchable contour controls which help you practice multiple bass tones for maximum versatility.
- This product is mainly designed for bass. If you’re looking for something to help you amplify your voice or purely for playing music, this might not be the best fit for you.
- The product is quite bulky and is not designed for too much portability. You can set it up in a room and move it once in a while, but it’s not designed to be carried around all the time.
If you’re on a budget and you still want an electric component to your guitar that makes it sound great, this portable amplifier from Marshall can be a great fit for you. Weighing less than half a pound, this amplifier has a simple design with an input port and volume and tone controls on the main dial.
Though this amp is small in size, it packs a punch and is extremely portable. You can easily carry this around with your guitar, making it easier for you to practice on the move. The amplifier works on batteries, so you don’t have to be worried about finding a power outlet for this product as well.
- Item weight — 13.4 ounces
- Item dimensions — 5.51 x 2.36 x 4.33 inches
- Power source — Batteries, 1.9 Volts
- Output wattage — 4 watts
- Color — Red
- Portability is a strong suit for this amplifier, as its small size can make it easily fit in a bag for carrying on the go. You can practice with this amplifier on the move.
- The amplifier is small in size, but with a 4-watt output, it packs quite a punch and can get decently loud for its size.
- The design of the amplifier is minimalistic and easy to use, giving you just the basic options on top of a retro look.
- The amplifier does not come with cables and connectors for your guitar, so you might have to purchase it separately.
- This amplifier is meant to be a portable option for your practicing needs. It is not intended as your main amplifier for playing in a large area.
With a massive 600-watt output wattage, this amplifier is no small deal when it comes to your sound quality needs. It is an excellent choice for your PA and home theater system, giving you the option to connect to multiple speakers and allowing you to enjoy high-quality music at home.
The amplifier is compatible with Bluetooth and works with all tablets, laptops, and smartphones, taking away your need to connect wires to it and increasing the convenience to play music from any part of your house, no matter which device you’re on. But if you want to connect an MP3 device to the amplifier and don’t have a Bluetooth option on it, you also get an input port for that.
Being a multichannel amplifier, this device has 6 available inputs, allowing you to connect USB flash drives, SD card readers, microphones, RCA connectors, and WMA support. You also get the option to play FM radio on it.
- Item weight — 13.32 pounds
- Item dimensions — 18.5 x 12.5 x 5.1 inches
- Power source — Corded
- Output wattage — 600 watts
- Color — Black
- The massive 600-watt output wattage of the amplifier translates to extremely high sound quality. You do not have to worry about distortion or noise when you’re listening to music on this amplifier.
- The amplifier is of the multichannel kind, which gives you the options to connect your audio source with multiple choices. It is also Bluetooth enabled, which makes it more convenient and reduces wiring space and effort.
- The voice-over option on the amplifier can be used conveniently for PA systems in offices or homes. If there is music playing, it will temporarily be paused when the PA system is being used.
- The amplifier is heavy and bulky and is not meant for portability. It is one of those devices that you set up in your home or office and do not plan to move from its original place.
- Considering that you can hook up multiple speakers to this amplifier, there should have been an option to control the volumes of different speakers wirelessly. But if you play something, you will have to increase or reduce the volume of the speakers from your phone simultaneously.
Yamaha is a very well known brand when it comes to making audio equipment, and this wireless amplifier from the brand is a great fit for people who do not want the hassle of wires messing up their setup. The amplifier offers realistic tube-amp tones and has the effects for 15 guitar amps, 3 bass amps, 3 mic models, and flat modes for everything else.
You also get Bluetooth support for audio playback. There is a built-in wireless receiver in the amp that is compatible with optional line 6 relay G10T transmitters. The amplifier comes with a large rechargeable battery that makes it portable and convenient to use without having to use it near a power outlet.
For USB flash drives and other devices that need to be connected to the amp with a wire, you get ports for plugging them in.
- Item weight — 12.85 pounds
- Item dimensions — 16.4 x 5.5 x 7.68 inches
- Power source — Battery, rechargeable
- Output wattage — 30 watts
- Color — Light brown
- The amplifier is truly wireless in nature and comes with a large rechargeable battery that can help you play your music anywhere without having to worry about being plugged into a power outlet.
- For musicians and artist groups, this amplifier is an excellent choice due to its multiple guitar amp model effects, along with a flat voicing feature.
- The amplifier comes with extended stereo technology, that gives you a louder and better quality sound by incorporating a wide audio field from a compact enclosure.
- The device is not inexpensive. If money is not an object, you should pick this one, but if you’re looking for something to fit in a budget, this might not be the best fit for you.
- The device comes with a Bluetooth app to connect to the device but has to be manually connected every time you turn it on. There is no option to make it connect automatically every time.
If you’re looking for an amplifier for your TV needs, this device by Antronix should check your boxes when it comes to cable amplifiers. The 3dB noise figure on this amplifier equates to very little noise and can amplify digital signals easily, giving you a great experience. It is also compatible with most cable modem operations, including DOCSIS 2.0 and 3.0.
Cable amplifiers often need to survive surges, and there is 6-kilovolt surge protection on this amplifier that helps it give you a smoother experience. The housing on this amplifier is plated with nickel, giving you long term protection from corrosion. This is especially important in coastal areas, where the air has a hint of salt humidity known for speeding up corrosion on metal devices.
- Item weight — 4.6 ounces
- Item dimensions — 2.3 x 3.5 x 0.8 inches
- Color — Black
- The device is perfectly capable of amplifying your cable signals, giving you a great experience while watching TV and reducing the hassle of poor or weak signals.
- The housing on this amplifier is plated with nickel, which will help you use it over the long term without getting affected by the effects of corrosion.
- The amplifier is quite versatile in nature and is compatible with most cable modern operations.
- You might not get perfect results from this amplifier, and on times of peak traffic (like weekend nights), there might be slight issues in the signal.
- Depending on your cable provider and your location, this might not work as well for you like the specifications that it comes with.
Now that you have a good idea of which are the best amplifiers on the market based on their different uses, their specifications, pros, and cons, you are probably wondering which one of these will be the best amplifier for you.
Therefore, we have put together a comprehensive buyer’s guide to show you exactly which amplifier you should purchase based on what these devices do best.
- Best Mini Amplifier – If you’re looking for something small and portable that you can carry around and use to address small groups or closed rooms, check out the Zoweetek Portable Voice Amplifier.
- Best Voice Amplifier – If you’re looking for something that you can use in a classroom or to address a crowd of around 100 people, the Giecy Voice Amplifier PA System would be a great fit for you.
- Best Bass Amplifier – If you’re a bass player and you need a great amplifier to practice on, you should check out the Fender Rumble Bass Amplifier.
- Best Budget Amp – If you’re looking to get a great amplifier that’s good value for money and wouldn’t burn a hole in your wallet, check out the Marshall Mini Stack Series Micro Guitar Amplifier.
- Best Multichannel Amplifier – If you’re working with a lot of different devices and you need something to plug them in, often together, you will need a multichannel amplifier like Pyle Wireless Home Audio Amplifier System.
- Best Wireless Amplifier – If you do not want to deal with the hassle of wires and you need something that can get the job done over wireless networks, check out the Yamaha Wireless Desktop Amp.
- Best Cable Amplifier – If you’re looking for something for your TV signal and you want a good, distortion-free experience, check out the Antronix Residential Amplifier.
Amplifiers come in all shapes and sizes and are used for a wide variety of uses. In this review, we have tried to educate you and help you find the best amplifier you can buy for your money. We hope that this review has helped you pick out the best choice!
If you’re interested in other devices like these, please feel free to check out our other reviews. We hope your music and media experience is a good one!